Cognetivity Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
This policy is effective from 25th May 2018; last updated 7th April 2020
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Company / contact name,
- Email address,
- Telephone number,
- Any other information you have provided to us that is relevant to your enquiry.
How we get the information and why we have it
The personal information we process is provided to us directly by you via the completion of our contact form (https://cognetivity.com/contact/) or by any email that you have sent to firstname.lastname@example.org . The information that is gathered for processing is described within the next section.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful basis we rely on for processing this information is via your consent. You are able to withdraw your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting logging a Data Subject Access Request (see below). Please contact DPO@cognetivity.com if you wish to do so.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping,
- We may use the information to improve our products and services,
- We may periodically send marketing emails if you have opted in.
Cognetivity will not use your data for marketing purposes and will not sell, rent or otherwise make available any data you have provided to any third parties without your consent, unless required to by law.
CGN-1801 Research Study
By opting to take part in our Research Study you agree to your data to be forwarded and processed by the research team at South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust (CGN@kcl.ac.uk). They will handle your data and contact you with further information and consent forms.
Other Research Studies
If you are a participant in any other research study that we are conducting, please contact DPO@cognetivity.com if you would like any further information about how we use your data and any other information you may require.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement/policy applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at DPO@cognetivity.com if you wish to make a request.
You may also choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website please select the opt-in boxes for how you wish us to use your data
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by clicking unsubscribe in the footer of the email or by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
How to complain
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data using the contact details below.
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113